Install CC3+

I just downloaded CC3+ and have attempted my first install. I am using windows 7 (64 bit) with current updates. I have run the installer, but apparently nothing was installed. After looking in the programs control panel I see no addition of CC3+, but do see a CC3+ running under Processes in the taskmanager. Any suggestions or advice?

Comments

• Simon RogersSimon Rogers Administrator, ProFantasy Traveler
    If it's been installed, CC3+ will have been installed in Program Files (x86)\ProFantasy\CC3 Plus

Things which can occasionally stop our software installing include anti-virus software and insufficient privileges, so disable antivirus and re-run the installer as admin.

If that doesn't work, contact technical support.
  • Well, that must have fixed it. Never had the issue before, thanks Simon.
  • Simon RogersSimon Rogers Administrator, ProFantasy Traveler
    No problem! Which antivirus were you using?
  • edited January 2015
    How do you verify that CC3+ has been installed? What should the CC+ version number be? My version says CC3 Version: 3.43.

edit: Nevermind, I now see that CC3+ shows as an Early Adopter Setup program. This is still in beta? When I got the email to upgrade I assumed it was a finished product... am I wrong? Is this still not the final version?
  • Posted By: mindx2How do you verify that CC3+ has been installed? What should the CC+ version number be? My version says CC3 Version: 3.43.

edit: Nevermind, I now see that CC3+ shows as an Early Adopter Setup program. This is still in beta? When I got the email to upgrade I assumed it was a finished product... am I wrong? Is this still not the final version?
    As Keen said this is a beta version, but one that has most of the bugs worked out. Remember that we always get free updates, so any new bugs that are found will be fixed in this version. If you find any bugs you should report them.
  • Posted By: Simon RogersNo problem! Which antivirus were you using?
    I had to disable Avast to instal CC3+.
  • FWIW, I had to disable AVG antivirus to install CC3+, but it worked fine after I did that.

Question: Does the incompatibility of CC3 add-ons include the annuals?
  • I have AVG paid with firewall, didn't have to disable it to install. Win 8.1
  • So do I, but with a Win 7 installation. Perhaps that makes a difference.
  • I installed on Win 7 with no issue, without disabling anything.

I have the free AVG 2015 antivirus.
  • Just a minor oddity after installing the new CC3. I am running Windows 8.1 64 bit. I previously installed CC3 in my C:\ProFantasy directory, not in the C:\Program Files (x86)\ProFantasy Directory.
    The install of CC3 version 3.43 noticed the previous install and would not let me install it to C:\ProFantasy. I let the install program install to C:\Program Files (x86)\ProFantasy Directory.

I had an icon for CC3 pinned to the taskbar. This points to C:\ProFantasy\CC3\fcw32.exe. The install updated the icon on the desktop to point to "C:\Program Files (x86)\ProFantasy\CC3\fcw32.exe"
    If I start up from the taskbar (C:\ProFantasy\CC3\fcw32.exe), it starts up CC3 version 3.4.3 with all the addons loaded.
    If I start up from the desktop (C:\Program Files (x86)\ProFantasy\CC3\fcw32.exe), it starts up CC3 version 3.4.3 with no addons loaded.

If I go through the start menu, look in the ProFantasy group, that shortcut points to C:\Program Files (x86)\ProFantasy\CC3\fcw32.exe

I updated the desktop icon to point to C:\ProFantasy\CC3\fcw32.exe

Just some odd things when the previous installation was not in the normal place.
  • AEIOUAEIOU Newcomer
    • I installed CC3 to D:\Steve_Documents\_RPG Files\ProFantasy\CC3
    • I installed CC3+ to D:\Steve_Documents\_RPG Files\ProFantasy\CC3Plus

No issues.
  • Mine is similar:

C:\Profantasy\CC3
    C:\Profantasy\CC3+
  • DogtagDogtag Moderator, Betatester Traveler
    edited January 2015
    The CC3+ preview is a separate program. It isn't an update to CC3 [yet?]. That is, it doesn't overwrite CC3 (or, it's not supposed to) so any links or shortcuts to CC3 should still point to CC3 and not the preview/beta for CC3+.

EDIT: I just saw Simon's post that CC3+ was now officially available, so my statement above may not be true for the official release, I don't know.

~Dogtag
  • Since I'm using various Annuals to remap my entire game world, I am keeping CC3, but then I still have CC2. I will be using all 3 versions to make maps in various styles.