Symbol Collection as Fill Style?

I've figured out how to actually make the symbol collection with random selection for my floor tiles and it works just fine when I manually place them. Now I'm trying to figure out the best way to create a floor filled from a symbol collection.When I try to create a symbol fill style, I can only seem to select one specific symbol and the fill works but it only paints that one symbol rather than utilizing the entire collection.

Is there another way to approach this problem?

Comments

• RalfRalf Administrator, ProFantasy 🖼️ 18 images Mapmaker
    Unfortunately this won't work as a symbol fills. Symbol fills can only use one symbol at a time, and a line symbol only to boot. Hatch Styles might work a little better, but they can't be randomized either.

Your best bet might be to try the Fill with Symbol command (found in the Draw menu). WItht he right setup, you should be able to fill a polygon with a random selection of your floor tiles. See the corresponding help entry.
  • Thanks Ralf - what I did in the meantime is manually build a 40'x40' floor with random tiles, saved it as a png and then used it as the base for a tiling bitmap fill style with the right scaling settings. I did the same thing at a smaller size for the walls, and it looks pretty good so far.