Can't see map background in new drawing wizard

When I create a new map, using SS4 Dungeon of Schley, and get to the map background section of the new drawing wizard, the background preview doesn't change from the default, no matter which background I choose. How can I fix this?

Comments

• Just finish the map wizard, it shows up then.
  • Yes, I know it shows up after I finish the wizard but, I want to see the preview while I'm still in the wizard. Otherwise, I'm just picking the background blind.
  • 4 months later
  • edited May 2015
    I've recently - last week - bought Campaign Cartographer SS3, and I'm trying my first steps.

I spent one hour to try to understand why navigating the Fill Style combo Box in New Drawing Wizard the image didnt change. So finally i went into this post

i note the same issue in CC3 New Drawing Wizard CC3 standard overland

JimP said : Just finish the map wizard, it shows up then.

i think It's not a valid answer and I suppose it's a bug to be fixed! what's the meaning of a picture box on the right if it doesn't change when fill style change?

there are 40 styles in the combo and i think it is very useful to see the result directly on the wizard

another question: under fill style combo there's a color box but it's always disable. why?

many thanks
    einmarbo
  • Since I'm not an employee, most of us here aren't, then its the only answer I can give.

It has no real effect on the map. I always adjust the background anyway.
  • edited May 2015
    Yes, JimP you say right and i apologize with you because i have written an incomplete phrase:

your answer is true and the issue has no effect on the map. but i think, looking at the form, there's a bug. Fill Style map isn't refreshed

after Wizard, as you correctly said, i can modify the background.
  • RalfRalf Administrator, ProFantasy 🖼️ 18 images Mapmaker
    If you replace your "SS4 Dungeons of Schley.FCT" template (in C:\ProgramData\CC3Plus\Templates\Dungeons\Wizard) with the attached version, does the preview then work correctly?
  • I do now see a change when I change the fill style before I get to map save and edit.
  • Jay_NOLAJay_NOLA Traveler
    Ralf, all of the SS4 templates in the Wizard folder in the CC3+ version have the fill style not working correctly.

The file you posted fixes one of them but not the others. Can you post fixed versions of all the other SS4 templates?
  • RalfRalf Administrator, ProFantasy 🖼️ 18 images Mapmaker
    edited May 2015
    This was not a proper fix, just a test. What I did was simply hide the sheet BACKGROUND HILL in the template - having two sheets starting with BACKGROUND seems to be the problem and this will need a proper programming fix.

In the meantime, if you want this changed in your installation, just open the templates in CC3+, rename or hide that sheet in question, and save them.
  • AhHa! Thanks for this explanation Ralf.