Loading symbol catalogs and "Map Notes"

Okay, so

A very long time ago, I was given a suggestion to modify the "OnOpenMacro" in Map Notes (File > Drawing Properties > Map Notes) in order to get my custom modified symbol catalog for a particular map to load every time I opened that map. It worked fine and has worked fine ever since.

Now, I have a problem. That particular symbol catalog - specifically, my slight modification to the catalog that comes with the "Modern Political" annual add-on style - stays loaded when I open ANY map. No matter what style that map is in.

I would assume that the "OnOpenMacro" is per map, e.g. by adding the line that tells it to always load my modified MP catalog with my MP map, it applies only to THAT file. But, every time I load any map of any kind, the MP catalog sticks around, forcing me to find and open the proper symbol catalog for whatever style every time I load up another map.

Help?

(Incidentally, creating a brand NEW map in a different style is fine. I opened a new map in the "Fantasy Worlds" annual style, and it loaded the FW symbol catalog. But then, I added a few things to the map, saved it, opened my MP map - causing the MP catalog to load, as it should - and then opened my newly created FW map again, and the MP catalog stayed).