Create keyboard bindings

Where and how can I modify the keyboard shortcuts / keybindings in CC3?
I would like to edit the keyboard shortcuts to be similar to the shortcuts used in AutoCAD (which I use on a daily basis professionaly).

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    These are set in the menu files (*.mnu) found in the CC3 installation directory. These are plain text files you can edit with notepad or any text editor.
    If you check the bottom part of the file, where the menus are defined, you should be able to figure it out by looking at the existing commands.
  • 7 days later
  • I have tested editing the MNU files and it works. However there are some limitations:

1) It is only possible to create shortcuts that use the CRTL or SHIFT Keys, I have create the shortcut CTRL-O to set ORTHO mode on. Using OO to set ORTHO Mode off doesn't work.
    2) If the program finds shortcuts already in use it uses the command which is closest to the bottom of the MNU file.

This limits the number of shorcuts somewhat, but it did enable me to create a shortcut key for Ortho-mode which I found the most important one.
  • Simon RogersSimon Rogers Administrator, ProFantasy Traveler
    edited December 2014
    See "Customising Menus" under Accelerator Keys in the help file for more info on this

Very short macro names can serve this purpose, but do require you to press enter at the end.
    You can edit fcw32.mac to create new macros - be careful not to duplicate any existing names. The easiest way to test this is to type your combo at the command prompt. If you get "CC3 doesn't understand this" you are safe.

You can program function keys this way:

MACRO F9
    TAN
    ENDM
  • Yes that works and helps a lot.

Thanks Simon!

And merry Christmas to all.