Diorama Annual 96

I have finally had some time to put together my first building from the Annual 96 Dioramas and these are really cool. I didn't realize that they included 8 already made buildings that just have to be printed and built. I made the smithy for my first building. I printed it out on some light cardstock paper I had already, (110#) and then cut it out using scissors and an exacto knife. I scored the folds as they recommend and that made the folding easy and accurate. I used a hot glue gun to put the part together. I think next time I'll use elmers or something similar, the glue gun goes fast but I think it is why my seams don't look all that good. I took a photo of the building next to one of my warhammer ogre models for scale, I think that the building may be a bit small but not enough for me to worry about using it for that. Ogres are big. I'm planning on constructing a few more of the premade building, and then try to make some that will work for mordheim, with burned out roofs and multi floors. Old Krom and JdR really did a great job on this one and I can't wait to be able to create more of these.

KenG
kristof65

Comments

• edited December 2014
    Hi KenG and thanks for your post, glad you like Annual 96!
    Agreed, the glue gun is not the best suited tool as it prevents spreading the glue evenly before it sets.
    Your model however came out very nicely and some black felt-tip or marker strokes should mask the seams.

With Old Krom we choose the 1:60 scale (1 inch to 5 feet) that corresponds to the miniature scale called "30 mm". Warhammer miniatures are officially "28 mm" scale but the models are all but accurate.
    That said, ogres are big, which explains why the horse looks so scared ;)
    Btw, great paint job on the ogre. I particularly like how you made the facial expression. Terrific!
    kristof65
  • KenGKenG Traveler
    The kind of face only a mother could love huh.