Bad Interface After Installation

My laptop died recently, so I decided to install CC3 on my wife's desktop. I originally installed CC3, DD3, CD3, and then Update 11. I then installed CA2012 and Update 11 again. This resulted in my interface being messed up. For example when I started CC3 for the first time it didn't bring up the welcome screen. The symbols were on the right-hand side of the display, some of the zoom button were missing, and the DD and CC toolset buttons were missing from the top of the screen. These are only a few of the problem, but overall the interface isn't what I expect. So, I uninstalled everything and re-installed everything in the recommended order of CC3, Update 11, DD3, CD3, Update 11, CA2012, and finally Update 11. Admittedly I'm not sure if separating CA2012 with it's own installation of Update 11, but that doesn't really matter. The thing is at the end of the Update 11 installation there is a check box that says, "Run CC3 Update Now". If I run CC3 using that check box after installing the Update 11 the interface is fine. Everything is there. However, if I close CC3 and then try running it from my Start Menu I get the messed up interface. I suspect something in the registry is messed up. This is on a Windows 8 system and I am running the installation files as administrator.

Summary: I can only get the correct interface when I run CC3 directly after installing Update 11.

Has anyone else encountered this and/or have a way to fix it?

Thanks

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    It sounds as you install and run CC3 as two different users. CC3 sets a lot of registry settings during install, but only for the user that installs it, so it must be run as the same user as the one that installed it.
    I believe this might also happen if you are logged into a non-administrative account, and then run the installer with admin credentials. (You should both install and run CC3 under an admin account.)