CD3 Ultra High Resolution installation

I downloaded this and installed it - well, I think I installed it. I get the option to 'repair' or 'remove' so I click on 'repair' and the installation runs for literally 1 second.

Is this normal? Because I would have thought that a 1.6GB installation file would take a lot longer than 1 second to install.

How do I check that it did install correctly?

Cheers

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    Chosing 'Repair' is the correct option, but the installation should definitely take longer tan a second.

The best way to check if it is installed, is to see if you have the 'Very High' version of symbols and fills available. To check this, go into any CD3 symbol directory, for example #Symbols\Cities\CD3\Bitmap A\Classic. In here, if you have the VH textures installed, there should be 8 files for each symbol (4 of these are MAP files, used for varicolor, the other 4 are the symbol itself in different resolutions). Without the VH textures installed, you should find each symbol in the VL, LO and HI variants (see the end of the file name.) If you have the VH textures installed, you should see symbols with the VH suffix as well as those previously mentioned.

Note that tor most mapping, you don't need the VH versions of the city symbols though, they are only used for extreme closeups, like if you need to fill the screen with only a single house or two, in most other cases the VH version of the symbols will never actually be used.
  • Hi Monsen.

Thanks for replying. I checked and, yes, I do have 8 files for each symbol, including the VH variant. So, that's a little bit bizarre, I guess.