Can't find my maps

Hi all. I have a half dozen or so maps and I haven't viewed/worked on them for a while. I just loaded up CC3 to polish them to get ready for running this weekend and the only ones I can find are the examples that come with the program. Is there some place in particular I should be looking? The only thing I did between now and the making of the maps was to purchase and install Dungeon Designer. Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    Did you save these maps inside the CC3 installation directory? If you did, make sure that you try to open them up from within CC3 itself, and not by browsing to the directory in Windows Explorer and double clicking on them (The reason for this is the way windows virtualises these directories to protect them. Changes made to directories under one of the program files directories will only be visible from within the program that made those changes. I would recommend you save your maps somewhere else though, such as in your my documents folder.
    You can also try to search for them in C:\Users\YourUsername\AppData\Local\VirtualStore

If you can't find them, try using the windows search facility to find files named *.fcw in your entire computer. If you get an option to search in non-indexed locations, enable it.