"Matte" Effect with Fractal Terrain Export

Hi, I'd like to know if there is some way I can get the image exported to be a "matte" effect, that is solid colours for each terrain and elevation without the detailing of other colours put in there, such as darker colours to highlight contours on an altitute map, or blended colours on a climate map.

Thanks!

Comments

• RalfRalf Administrator, ProFantasy 🖼️ 18 images Mapmaker
    Not 100% sure what you are trying to do, but you can adjust the output from FT3 to CC3 through the export settings. Under "File", click "Save Campaign Cartographer File", "Duplicate" a setting you'd like to use as your base or "Create" a fresh one. Then go through the different options to set what properties to export, what colors to use, and so on.

Should you have trouble creating a new export setting, try running FT3 as admin, but right-clicking the desktop shortcut, choosing Properties, and under Compatibility, set "Always run as Administrator".
  • Well that's embarassing. Turns out what I was complaining about was the shadow effect from the lighting engine, turning that off acheives exactly what I wanted *blushes*