Manipulating Layers and Order of Objects

I'm having a problem in City Designer. Add the Vegetation, Tree from the city drawing tools button, the area it generates stacks on top of all other objects; the river that should run through the woods, the sacred grove in the trees, etc. I have tried to use the order buttons on the generic drawing tools and manipulating what layer the vegetation is on and I can't get it under the other objects.

What am I doing wrong?

Comments

• RelytRelyt Traveler
    edited November 2014
    Remember that the display order is done by sheets not layers. Make sure everything is on the correct sheet and that the sheets are in the correct order.

Also, don't forget to hit the redraw button from time to time, it just may need to be redrawn to show the correct order if everything is on the right sheet.
  • RalfRalf Administrator, ProFantasy 🖼️ 18 images Mapmaker
    As Relyt says, entity order is controlled through the Sheets, not Layers.

Open the Sheets & Effects dialog and look for the VEGETATION TREES sheet. Move it up in the list to put the trees further in the background - sheets are drawn from top to bottom in that list, meaning higher sheets will appear behind those lower in the list.

That said, the Vegetation Tree drawing tool is really designed to draw individual trees, appearing on top of features like streams, vegetation textures and building symbols. Rather than alter the sheet order, I'd recommend drawing the river first and then placing trees around it to depict the sacred grove.