Climate coloration seems underutilized in world creation

These are minor concerns but I found it kind of interesting. When looking at the worlds I create in Fractal Terrains 3 I notice that when using the climate view that you never see the temperate grasslands color. To be honest you can usually only see five or six of the 17 colors offered representing the different climates. I would think that when putting together a whole planet all of them would be represented somewhere. Do I have to make an adjustment to make this happen during planet creation? The other thing I am wondering about is why the color indicators for climate are all HTML color codes rather than what the other views use.

Comments

• jslaytonjslayton Moderator, ProFantasy Mapmaker
    FT's climate model doesn't include major effects like transport of heat and moisture via air and water currents. The default settings are also off a bit (you'll probably never see deserts in the default FT settings, either).

As far as color codes in some places and color previews in others, I blame lazy programmers (I'm allowed to do that as I am the lazy programmer in question - the Windows list control doesn't support color without a lot of unnatural gyrations and I wasn't up to those kinds of gyrations when I did that code 10+ years ago).