Looking for game master software that works well with CC3

As the subject suggests I would like information on types of game master software that integrates well with CC3 and it add-ons. A program I found was Realm Works by Lone Wolf Development but I would like to hear from the community before I go and purchase anything.

Comments

• AEIOUAEIOU Newcomer
    Realm Works is an amazing program that I am very pleased with but it does not (as far as I know) integrate with CC3. It would be great if it did but that would probably take the two companies reaching out to one another. The two programs have great synergy and both are game system agnostic so they work with any table top game.

For now, you will need to save to PNG and import in. With integration, you would likely be able to save CC3 files in RW so you could view from RW and if you chose to edit, it would launch CC3.
  • I think most of your VTT (Virtual Table Tops) should be able to import a map saved as either a Jpeg or PNG file. The trick is finding out how many pixels per square to export your image at, mostly so their icons match up to your expectations. I believe d20Pro's VTT uses 50 pixels per square as it's default but you can customize the pixel count down from there if you need to (I don't know if you can increase the pixel count). You may need to do a little math to calculate how many pixels high and wide you need to save your image as though. After you finish your pixel count calculations, I'd save the image without a grid and use the grid overlays inside the VTT you choose to use instead.
  • I think you need to better ask the question before the best answer can be given.

You have two great answers here, but they are two different means to an end.

Realm works is not a VTT, it is a campaign management tool, it is designed for you as a tool to remove the needs for thousands of printed sheets, notebooks and maps strewn all over the table. It is an electronic notebook designed for Campaign creaation and management. It can hold maps as AEIOU has stated (heya dude!), but it is so much more than this. Realm works is a GM tool, a creators tools, and a sharing tool of info to the players, not a VTT. RW also works extremely well with HeroLab from LWD as well and the two products really compliment each other.

VTT like say D20 Pro is meant to replace your table top full of miniatures and dice and charater sheets. With this tool your not sharing info on cities, NPCs, worlds, you sharing a battle map, thats it. Realm works cannot really do this well, it was never intended to. A VTT is great for gaming with friends at remote locations over the internet, or as a tool to share the battle map to all at tge game table with a computer.

Elecrontic RPG gaming is an ecosystem, and there is no one product does all. In fact you really do need many programs, I own and use;

- Realm Works to create amd share my game world of Daede and adventures there that lie in.
    - Campaign cartographer as my Main overland mapping tool. I also create cities and dungeons.
    - HeroLab to create and manage my characters as a player, and encounters and NPCs as a GM.
    - D20 Pro as my VTT, this will be used for sharing battle maps to all at the table, we all have laptops and tablets.

Every tool above in my opinion is the best at what it does, I find jack of all trade products limited, where these products are limitless with in their sphere of specialization.
  • NBOS has some useful programs that I use in conjunction with CC3

The Keep 2.0 - This is a campaign manager and dice roller it just got updated to 2.0. You don't have to pay a subscription fee to use it, unlike other campaign managers or be connected to the internet. It can handled PDFs of you
    Screen Monkey - This lets you play games online. By setting up a chat area, dice roller, display maps etc. It has a free version. The newest free version put in most of the features of the full version that was sold by NOBS at one time. If you need a full version you can contact NOBS.
    Astro Synthesis 3.0 - Can use PNGs of maps and use FT3 files and is a must have if you want to do a sci fi game with 3d Star Maps
    Character Sheet designer - This is a free program they make which integrates with the Keep.
  • 6 months later
  • Like AEIOU (who knows me as weogarth), I am a Realm Works user. I am also a VTT user, Fantasy Grounds II, as none of my players are in my state (or even time zone). These and other programs mentioned are all solid products, however Exmortis has hit the nail on the head; you need to state your needs/goals a bit clearer to get the answers you're looking for.