Sea of Ghanuu area, Crestar Using Alyssa Faden Overland

Part of the Southern Hemisphere.

The lands that border it are: Trillolara, Land of Strife, Teslarc, Tanoria, Nomads, and the Inner Ocean.

There are three large islands: The Stopper, Isle of Fools, and Traql.

Legend has it that The Stopper can grow in size and block fleets, or even small ships, from entering this Sea.

No one seems to know that Traql is there.

The Barrier Hills separate part of Trillolara from The Plains of Dareth and part of the Nomads area.

The map is about 2100 miles wide x about 140 miles high.

The ocean area lower left is a mistake I'll correct in later versions.

The mountains, hills, and mesas are over-scaled. They do act as a barrier, and there are few passes across them.

Larger map here.

( Note that Jim is struggling with his computer... it appears to be winning, and then claims he hit the save changes button, not it. Sigh. Which is why I keep editing this post so mch...)

The large areas around the island maps were once land bridges.

Comments

• JimPJimP 🖼️ 280 images Cartographer
    edited November 2014
    This is the portion I'm working on of the Southern Hemisphere.
    edited November 2014
    Here is the update. I'm not always going to make a new post, sometimes I'll just change out the previous map. Updated later the same day. Added morec symbols, and some roads.

Krini Forest is lighter as there are odd things going on there. Like Wild People and good wolves helping lost travellers. But watch out for the bad wolves, they are no help at all.

Updated on Nov 5, 2014

larger map here
    edited November 2014
    A zoom into the Fondfield, Trillolara area. Where many of the adventures in my campaign took place.

Fondfield, a local military district headquarters, was the home to the player characters.

Quasqueton is where I ran B-1 module from TSR. The map and dungeon I have placed on this site is a new dungeon with the basic premise. It is South of Fondfield.

Sraa Keep is where the player characters encounter a tough dungeon, and a lich, it is west of Fondfield. Very little of Sraa Keep is on the surface. Oh, and watch out for the giant slugs !

Off this map:

The road leading off to the Northwest leads to the stone keep and grounds the player characters won. The road leads down the coast to Dwarfbas, the nearest Dwarven City. A few days away is Dwarf Home. A many level dungeon with many rooms.

Larger map 1200 x 1015 pixels
  • 1 month later
    edited December 2014
    A look at a large map of 3 nations to the North of the Sea of Ghanuu.

The two evil brothers in Land of Strife are vying for control. Tanoria and Teslarc are good areas. The Grey Fields is an ancient battle site. There be Ents in Teslarc.
    edited December 2014
    The eastern 4 squares from the above map of Burlan City-State, using a different annual issue. The Neverdry River flows constantly, and has almost trapped adventurers looking for the X on the map they bought. The Winter Running River and the Rushing River are intermittent, only showing up during the rainy seasons. The former in the Winter, and the later in the Spring and Fall.

The City-State is named for a small village, not the large seaport city. Legend has it that it was the first planned area in this city-state.

These City-States do mostly get along, but seldom have the capability to help each other in bad times.

a larger version of both maps on my web site.