CD3A_Default.FSC missing images

There are two missing images at the top of the CD3A_Default.FSC catalog. Also, when I open the the catalog portion of the interface becomes unresponsive.

Comments

• RalfRalf Administrator, ProFantasy 🖼️ 18 images Mapmaker
    Have you run a repair install of CD3 and re-run the CC3 Update 11? Does either of this fix the problem?
  • arcarc Newcomer
    Trying both of those did not work. The problem even expanded. Or maybe now I can just see them all. There are now six missing images. But the problem is only in the preview. The symbol itself places fine.
  • What OS are you using on your computer and did you remember to run as an Admin if you are using Vista or higher?

When you run CC3 are you running it as an Admin?

When you ran Update 11 again did it uninstall on the rerun? You may have uninstalled the update and need to reinstall it.
  • arcarc Newcomer
    It is Windows 7 and the account I use is an admin on the host. However, for this I actually used Run as admin.

Update 11 was not a second run. It was a first. For some reason I never ran it after downloading and installing CC3. I blame gremlins.

I just removed Update 11 and reinstalled and the problem persists.
  • 11 days later
  • I seem to be having the same issue. Custom symbols (only some) appear as white boxes with red X in the middle. THE PNG is fine when opened with GIMP. just does not import correctly into the map.. or something... will try update...
  • Posted By: eco_tangoCustom symbols (only some) appear as white boxes with red X in the middle.
    The red X indicates that the PNG is not where CC3 expects to to find it. This is usually caused by the file being moved or deleted. Since you said that you've checked the file in GIMP, it is safe to assume that the file is in a different location than when the symbol catalog/map was created. Either move it to its former location or re-import the PNG into the symbol catalog and save the catalog again.