How can I import in FT3

I have a map in GIMP (contour map) and in Wilbur (height map).
I bought FT3 and would like to edit this map in FT3 .
How can I import maps in FT3 ?

Comments

• jslaytonjslayton Moderator, ProFantasy Mapmaker
    http://ridgenet.net/~jslayton/ThereandBackAgain/index.html may be useful starting at "Back Into Fractal Terrains". You can load the contour map as an image overlay provided it's 5000 or less pixels across. Larger maps will need to be split into smaller pieces that can be loaded as image overlays. Note that all data needs to be in the Equirectangular projection.
  • OK many thanks. I have missed the 5000 limit and my map was larger. The 5 000 limit is for both dimensions ? I had 10 000 x 5 000 so that means that I should cut it in 2 pièces 5 000x 5 000 or to resize it to 5 000 x 2500 ?
  • jslaytonjslayton Moderator, ProFantasy Mapmaker
    edited October 2014
    The limit is 5000 for both vertical and horizontal dimension, so you'd need to chop a 10000x5000 image into two pieces.
  • It worked (not always) but I get a strange image when I load the .mdr as binary file into FT3. The image is all purple with rainbow colors where are some edges.Even weirder, the small globe image shows the correct colors corresponding to the Earth style (topographic colors) e.g dark blue for the sea and green for the land.
    Loading and applying another style changes nothing (Map>Lighting and color) - the map stays this purplish color all the time.
    Besides it looks like if the ocean (alt 0) was above the land (alt ~1600).

Can you help me with this problem ?

I tried to attach the image using the attachment button below but got the message below that the JPG file was empty (it is not).

"Some problems were encountered
    The file you attempted to upload (Test.jpg) was empty.
    You are not allowed to upload (Test.jpg) the requested file type"
  • pngs upload here okay. Use the Browse button.