Breaking a wall in dungeon designer

I have a map with 2 rooms build using the room tool.

What I then want to do is link them via a corridor. When I select the corridor tool no matter what I pick for the end wall options it never cuts into the rooms I link it to. If I try and cut it with the break command more often it removes the rooms floor pattern rather than opening a hole in the wall or just occasionally it removes the whole room except the bit I was trying to get rid of.

Can anyone give me a crash course in cutting holes in walls?

Thanks

Comments

• DogtagDogtag Moderator, Betatester Traveler
    Are the walls actually on the Walls layer? I've run into issues like this and it's usually because the walls didn't draw on the correct layer/sheet, as expected.

Cheers,
    ~Dogtag
  • As Dogtag said, make sure walls are on WALLS layer.

Place the floors layer on HIDE or FREEZE. You can also do this by hiding FLOORS sheet. When using BREAK command, you must select a point in the middle of the wall to say what you are breaking, and then the points at which you want to break the wall. It is a little tricky sometimes. If this does not work, use SPLIT command at each point to be broken and then ERASE the middle section.

Instead of breaking, the method I always use is to draw my floors first for the complete map and then draw the outside walls afterwards using path. When doing this, do not start the path on a corner.

Good luck!
  • edited October 2014
    Walls are definitely on the wall layer. Is it that because I built them using the room tool there is no point in the middle of the wall to be broken on?

I also thought corridors were supposed to break a wall when connected when there is no end.