how do i get rid of patch lines

Comments

• Its best to draw it as one mass the first time. I know of no way to remove patch lines unless you use a fill that does not have a boarder.
  • RalfRalf Administrator, ProFantasy 🖼️ 18 images Mapmaker
    When editing or adding to a landmass, use the E (Edit) function of the drawing tool. Just drawing an additional landmass on top of the old one will result in multiple entities that are hard to combine.

Combining all the above would require the following steps:

- Delete the back coastlines (select by Layer COAST/SEA).
    - Use BREAK and Trim to Intersection to break up all the landmass polygons to make them into one continuous line.
    - Use COMBINE to combine them all into one path
    - Use Path to Poly to make them into a closed polygon again
    - OUTLINE the result to recreate the coastline.

It is probably much easier to just redraw everything as one landmass from scratch.
  • AEIOUAEIOU Newcomer
    I like to do a rough outline or first draft on a layer called CONSTRUCTION with a nice lime green or neon orange color. That helps me get the basics in place, organize my thoughts and get a feel for the work. I would create outlines much like you did.

My next step is to trace the final landmasses and then hide/delete the CONSTRUCTION elements.

You could use the TRACE command to follow the lines you already have. Or use the current outlines as a template to manually trace over to add details like fjords or bays.

I do the same draft then final for mountains and forests....