Visual Issues with CC3

THE ONLY PROBLEM I HAVE EVER HAD WITH CC3 is the size of the icons and the length of time it takes for the little title box to appear that shows what they are. I have vision issues and have had them since I bought the software, and as I write this I can barely see what I am writing :-( However that will be rectified by Thanksgiving after eye surgery for cataracts, BUT although I will be able to see way better than I do now, my question is:

Can the Icons on the left side of the screen be made larger for ease of use, and can the size of the display font be changed?

A totally unrelated question that just occurred to me, can you import a graphic into CC3 to use its cad drawing to make a map? If so what type: .gif, .jpg, .bmp., etc ?

For my reading pleasure please reply via email using at least size 14 font to louis.wesler@yahoo.com :-)

OBTW CC3 is phenomenal will be used to illustrate a fantasy novel I am writing

Comments

• In addition to replying to louis's email, please respond here as well. Thank you!
  • files need to be .png to import.
  • DogtagDogtag Moderator, Betatester Traveler
    edited October 2014
    louis,

Most browsers let you control the display size of the text on a page as well. It can wreak havoc with the page layout display on fancy web pages but, in a forum, it should be fine for you. At least two browsers let you zoom in and out by pressing the Ctrl key (on a Windows machine) and then scrolling your mouse wheel, if you have it. Otherwise, they typically use the Ctrl + + (plus sign) and Ctrl + - (minus sign) key combinations (press the Ctrl key and the plus or minus key), or there's a zoom setting via menu or status bar.

Cheers,
    ~Dogtag
  • I wonder if Louis is talking about the icons in the CC3 software not the forum so the Ctrl/scroll wheel won't work for that.

I am also partially sighted and can understand the problem of not being able to see the icons properly and a lot of the time rely on memory as to which one is which. I tend to use the drop down menu to find the item I am after rather than use the icons even though it takes longer. The symbol boxes fortunately are large enough to work out what they show.

I also find seeing the two text boxes (one at the top and one at the bottom) which are meant to be telling me what I am doing very difficult to see.

My computer is already set with various accessibility options in place, such as large icons and text but that is not helping in CC3.

One I haven't tried for CC3 but do use at work for various things I can't enlarge other ways, is the built in magnifier. You might have to search your computer to find it but Windows does come with a magnifier that can be activated and set to appear either docked at the top or bottom of the screen and tracking either the mouse or keyboard use, or placed in the middle to magnify things under it. It takes some getting use to but it might be worth a try.
  • DogtagDogtag Moderator, Betatester Traveler
    edited October 2014
    Also, you may want to check out this blog post about the buttons in CC3+ !

Cheers,
    ~Dogtag