Very Quick DD3 Map

Hi All,

Just thought id post up a quick map i did this morning. (Took about 20 mins or so). Its actually a scenario i first ran nearly 20 years ago using Basic Edition D&D !!

As always feed back etc is appreciated.

Regards....

Ma Gintys Problem

Comments

• Mogul76Mogul76 Traveler
    edited September 2008
    A simple but effective map, Roger. I especially like the sewers and the cave.

If you find the time, you could work on the sheet effects, so that the house and its content will look a little less "flat". Oh yeah... Try to position the furniture in a more "imperfect" manner. You seem to have only used angles like 0, 45, 90, etc. degrees. Pressing Shift + Ctrl and moving your mouse while placing the symbols will help you achieve a more realistic result very quickly.

Thanks for sharing the image,

Mogul
  • Hi Mogul,

I will be playing around with sheets later today. I just knocked this together to see how quickly i could create a DD3 map. Im quite pleased with how it turned out for a first go so to speak. I will take on board your advice re the furniture though and play around with that too.

Regards...
  • How did you create the irregular sewer walls? It gives the sewer a nice touch...
  • edited September 2008
    >Basic Edition D&D !!

Ahhh... Good old Basic. Its making a comeback through OSRIC from what I understand.

>How did you create the irregular sewer walls?

I think you'll find that is water sitting on floor. If you look at the DD3 video tutorials, Joseph lays down some water and it looks like that.
  • Posted By: Davaris>Basic Edition D&D !!

Ahhh... Good old Basic. Its making a comeback through OSRIC from what I understand.

>How did you create the irregular sewer walls?

I think you'll find that is water sitting on floor. If you look at the DD3 video tutorials, Joseph lays down some water and it looks like that.
    Exactly right - create you sewer tunnel then overlay with water.
  • Another piece of advice regarding the sewers: Add an "edge fade, inner" effect to the water, enhancing the illusion that the bitmap image in the floor sheet is in fact an irregular wall. I agree, for a map created in 20 minutes the result is very good... but you asked for feedback, so I gave it to you ;-)
  • Posted By: Mogul76Another piece of advice regarding the sewers: Add an "edge fade, inner" effect to the water, enhancing the illusion that the bitmap image in the floor sheet is in fact an irregular wall. I agree, for a map created in 20 minutes the result is very good... but you asked for feedback, so I gave it to you ;-)
    Thanks again Mogul and of course thanks for your earlier feed back it is appreciated.
  • Mogul76Mogul76 Traveler
    edited September 2008
    Posted By: RogerThanks again Mogul and of course thanks for your earlier feed back it is appreciated.
    You're welcome. You can apply the same sheet effect to your cave floors, like I did in the map displayed in THIS thread. Edge fade, inner is one of my favourite sheet effects, especially when creating maps of caves and subsurface environments.
  • Mmm i shall try and do that. Ive also posted on your old thread with a question.
  • very good map, pleasing visual look to it.