1930's Travel Guide

Hi all,

I'm trying to put together a map using the 1930's Travel Guide template, but want to use metric units - both the metric and imperial versions of this template seem to be graduated in inches however?

Is there a revised version of this template?

Is it possible to switch from working in metric units (I'm guessing it's just a system variable once I have started drawing?)

Any thoughts?

Comments

• Is this all rooted because you want a scale on the finished map to reflect a specific distance? If so that mi8ght just be better added in Photoshop afterward. The map should still look the same whether it is in metrics or feet, right?
    JSM
  • Mostly it's rooted in me being used to working in metric units, wanting a metric grid and being unused to working in fractions of an inch - I could work in feet and inches but the confusion is likely to ensure that things take longer with more mistakes, and if there's an easy fix then that's less hassle all around,

Plotting shouldn't be a major problem, though I'd note that I don't have a copy of photoshop (price!) anyway, so I won't be doing any scaling with the finished product there...
  • I see. If the template does not come in metric, then I am not sure how to get it there. Hopefully someone else can chime in.
    JSM
  • RalfRalf Administrator, ProFantasy 🖼️ 18 images Mapmaker
    Which 1930s template are you using? I just checked the overland version and it's set up to use km. Where are you seeing the inches? Note that this is mostly a cosmetic change, i.e. what labels are displayed in cartouches and how grids are named.

You can change which units to use under File > Drawing Properties.
  • Hi Ralf,

I was using the "Annual 1930s Floorplan Metric" template - according to the new drawing wizard it is graduated in meters, but line widths and coordinates as listed in the bar at the top of the page are graduated in inches, as are the tools (wall thicknesses, etc),

Looking at the drawing properties as you suggest does show that it is using feet and inches - that should be enough for me to get working, thanks,

I agree that it's mostly cosmetic - although it can be a factor when I am used to working with base-10 units...