Symbols with a drop shadow

I'm trying to put a drop shadow under some tree symbols in CC3 but for some reason i don't know, it doesn't work. On the other hand i know i've seen some maps where tree symbols had shadow under them.

Would a kind soul explain to me what i'm doing wrong?

Thanks

Pat

Comments

• Are you putting the drop shadow on the correct (i.e. SYMBOLS) sheet?
  • Yep, right there on the symbols sheet, i have a drop shadow setting. All my trees are on the symbols sheet and the symbols sheet has priority one to display.

Funny thing is...if i draw a simple polygon just on the same sheet, it shows the drop shadows...but not the symbol tree.

Maybe symbols can get shadows applied to them?

Pat
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    Are those trees using partial (alpha-blended) transparency. If I remember correctly, drop shadows are disabled for symbols with alpha-blended transparency, because that made them look bad.
    For regular symbols, drop shadows should certainly be possible. Have you used the info tool on the trees to confirm that they are on the sheet you believe them to be?
  • I think i solve part of my problems. I don't know if the problem came from what your a saying Monsen but i used another tree symbol and it worked fine. The one i used was under Dungeon/SS2/Vegetation folder. It just doesn't cast shadow. I'll check if it was alpha blend, as you suggest,

Thanks for the response.

Pat