Can't print or export map

Okay, I'm completely new to this program, and I'm already having a few problems. So I made a treasure map in CC3, and am trying to print it or at least export it. The problem is that the resulting jpeg is almost completely white with a few blotches of black and a tiny version of the map in one corner. I can't figure out why it is doing this, so I was hoping one of you could shed some light on it, since I feel like I'm missing something obvious. I'll attach the jpeg produced by the program for reference.

Thanks in advance,

Arc

Comments

• RalfRalf Administrator, ProFantasy 🖼️ 18 images Mapmaker
    Hi Arc,
    it looks like you have those extra entities (the black splotches) on your map. In CC3, do "Zoom Extents" (on the right hand toolbar) and you should see them in CC3 too. Delete them, until a new Zoom Extents shows your actual map only.

Alternatively, do a "Rectangular section" export instead of a full one and select the top left and bottom right corners of your map for the exported area.

Hope that helps.
    Ralf
  • edited September 2014
    Hi Ralf,

Thanks for the help. That did help to an extent, but it highlighted another problem I hadn't noticed until now. Sometimes, seemingly randomly but usually when I'm drawing a river or the map otherwise automatically redraws itself, all the shading on the mountains I've drawn will move over to the right, usually out of shot, bizarrely. The lines of the mountain symbols stay in the same place, but the shading on the mountains moves away. I'm not sure why this is happening.

Arc
  • I never export maps. I print them to pdf, then convert to jpg for editing.
  • In this case though, it does the same thing if I try printing it to a pdf, not sure why it's doing that.

- Arc
  • Can you post the map so that others can see what might be going on (the .fcw file)? From the description so far, nothing suggests itself as a solution.