Character Artist

I have had CC3 for years and to be frank it has occupied a lot of space on my shelf and hard drive :-( A whole lot of "stuff"has gotten in the way of my using it :-(

But to my current issue! I need to use the Character Artist to make avatars of myself, and also to generate creature drawings for a fantasy novel i am finally working on AGAIN (reason I bought CC3 in the first place) and I have no idea how to start using the Character Artist. :-(

I have spent hours reading PDF files and playing (read frustrating) the main screen of CC3 to no avail. So please take pity and assist me.

Comments

• 29 days later
  • I love this program and have used it a lot the past few weeks. What do you need to know exactly?
  • 2 years later
  • I have loaded CC3 and all the available options when I bout the 'WHOLE SHEBANG" in 2006, but while I loaded it them I really did not use it, and there has been several computer regenerations since then. Read that to mean I have rebuilt and rebuilt more than once, and while I have copied the files from one hard drive to another I never really checked to see if they still worked, until the latest disaster that occurred when the power supply fired, took out 1 stick of memory, and fried the hard drive. So I had to replace the hard drive with an SSD HD new power supply, and a new stick of ram. in the meantime I took the old computer and rebuild it and reloaded CC3 and then I discovered that the Character Artist does not work? the only thing that wil load from the CD is CA3 and that does nothing and does not allow me to access the CA files that I presume are in the CA2 section of the CD, but when I click on that to load it it says it can not locate CC@ on the hard drive and it fails to load the CA2 files.

So what do I need to do to get the CA2 to load on my computer so that I can get the CA icon to show up on the tool bar and make it usable once again. when I first loaded CC# in 2016 the CA worked, but since then I have slept a few times and mu memory has slowly gone to hell, one of the benefits of being 68 going on 69 in May.

I am trying to complete a fantasy novel, and I am hoping to post pictures, maps and other information in the near future for other to see, but i would especially like to have character sketches available for my main characters.

any help that you might be able to give to me would be appreciated.

you can also reach me via email at lewesler@gmail.com
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    You'll want CA3, CA2 is for older versions of Campaign Cartographer.

If it doesn't show up on the CC3 toolbar, try re-running the latest CC3 update (available from your registration page), and do a repair install if it asks you to select between repair and remove.
    It is also recommended that you always run all installers (cc3, ca3, update) by right clicking them and selecting 'Run as Administrator'.