Pictures not showing up

I just got CC3, CD3 and DD3 and love them! However, a lot of the symbols and other pictures/textures are showing up. I've tried reinstalling with and without checking the clipart box and can't seem to fix it. On the last reinstall I went in this order: CC3, CC3patch, CD3, CD3 bitmaps, DD3, then the fantasy floorplans pack.

This is what I'm getting when I open up some of the files:

http://www.voidgamers.com/images/data/photo/terrain/scenery/DLMOS-screenshot.jpg

Any advise would be greatly appreciated,
David

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    edited September 2008
    Because the patch updates all installed products, the patch should be the last thing you install.

As for that particular example map, I noticed it uses a lot of fill styles from issue 16 of the Annual (This was the "Example City" issue, which was a preview of what CD3 had to offer). Looks like a normal CD3 install doesn't install these fill styles for you.

Try the "example 2" file instead. That seems to be made using proper CD3 fill styles. If that looks ok, I think everything is ok with your installation, it's just example 1 that uses Annual fill styles.

Actually, on a closer look, the "example 1" map IS the actual map from Annual 16, so as long as you don't have the annual, this won't show up properly.
  • Ok, after checking the other maps I think everything is fine. On the plus side it gives me an excuse to pick up the annuals :P
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    Picking up the annuals is highly recommended. I love them.
  • RalfRalf Administrator, ProFantasy 🖼️ 18 images Mapmaker
    The Example 1 map is actually using the Annual bitmap fills - a mistake on my part.

Here is a corrected version.