Some Fill Styles don't appear correctly

Hi! I'm a new CC3 user, just getting accustomed to this cool tool! I've installed the 2012 Annual to get access to the HighSpace Tile Sets and noticed that many Fills don't appear correctly. In the attached picture you can see how I do have the Fill Styles installed on my machine (for example, "Hazard Stripes 1" or "Hangar Bay"). Yet on the CC3 Select Drawing Tool Window these Fills (and many, many others) appear as black Starfill designs. Is there an installation problem here? Something I've configured incorrectly? Could it have something to do with the fact that the style is listed as "HangAr Bay" on CC3 (with an A) and as "HangEr Bay" as the file on my PC (with an E)?

Thanks for the help and comments!

Luis

Comments

• After some testing I discovered this only happens when I select the "Annual HighSpace Deckplan" map style, but not when I select the "Annual SciFi tiles" styles. The strange thing is that in both cases the "Annual ScifiTiles" Drawtool is used! (see the picture; on the left hand side is the "Annual HighSpace Deckplan" result, on the right hand side the "Annual SciFi tiles" result).

At this point I'm guessing this has to be a bug, it just doesn't make sense. Please, any help or support? Can I fix this? Or what can we do in order to have someone fix it? Thanks!
  • After more testing I discovered this happens when I create a drawing using the "Annual HighSpace Deckplan" style. When I create the drawing using the "Annual Scifi Tiles" styles everythink works great, even though both map styles use the "Annual SciFi Tiles (Cosmo 3)" Drawtools! (see the picture; on the left hand side is what I see with the Annual HighSpace Deckplan style; on the right hand side is what I see with the Annual SciFi Tiles Style).

At this point I think this has to be a bug in the Annual. But I am correct? Is there any way to solve this? Thank you for your help!
  • RalfRalf Administrator, ProFantasy 🖼️ 18 images Mapmaker
    There was indeed a problem with the Annual Highspace Deckplans templates, caused by the Highspace textures split across two Annual issues.

Download the corrected templates here. Unzip the file over YourProgramFolder/CC3/Templates/Cosmographer/Wizard/.

To fix an existing map do the following:
    - Open the map in CC3
    - Choose Draw > Insert File and insert YourProgramFolder/CC3/System/Fill Styles/CA67 Bitmap Fills.FCW into the map (or the "metric" version for metric maps).
    - The Bitmap Fills should now show up.
  • Thank you, Ralf! I'll try it right away and come again if something doesn't work :)