Casting shadows affects grid

I have been experimenting with lighting, and came across something I couldn't find a solution to.
I have added lights to my dungeon, but I want the grid to show up on places where there is no light.
Is there any way to do that?

Also is there a way to get point lighting and also add a bit of ambient lighting so the whole map is still visible?

Comments

• RalfRalf Administrator, ProFantasy 🖼️ 18 images Mapmaker
    To stop the shadows affecting sheets are a certain point, add the "Wall Shadow, Point Light Finalize" effect to a sheet. Sheets after this one will not be affected by the Wall Shadows.

To make the Wall Shadows partially transparent, right-click the Display Speed Settings button and choose "Global Sun". Set the Shadow transparency under "Activate Lighting" to the value you like.
  • Thx for the comments, The article is quite interesting, but won't solve my problem.
    The problem is that I have added "Wall Shadow, Point Light Setup" to every sheet where the objects has to cast shadows and on a sheet named lights is "Wall Shadow, Point Light Finalize".
    The lights sheets is below the sheets with the setup, but above the grid sheet.

So I have the following sheets (The sheets with no lighting effects pruned)
    - Symbols (Wall Shadow, Point Light Setup)
    - Walls (Wall Shadow, Point Light Setup)
    - Lights (Wall Shadow, Point Light Finalize)
    - Grid

I have added the map itself as an attachment as reference
  • Posted By: micfortadd a bit of ambient lighting so the whole map is still visible?
    Right-click the Sheets and Effects button and choose Global Sun. Set the Shadows - transparency value to 30 or even 50.
    Posted By: micfortI want the grid to show up on places where there is no light
    Your grid is black. Change the color to a lighter color (253 for example).

Another idea is to duplicate all the entities of the WALLS sheet on a new sheet outside light effects.
  • But the glow is also not showing up, and the glow is white, so that should show up in the areas where there is no light.