Managing world and region maps of the world

Greetings,

I'm new to CC3 and working on my world map. I've got a large map, though I can't seem to find where the properties are to explain exactly how big. The campaign that I'm working on is initially set in just a small part of the world. It would be nice to be able to do a focus map of that area, but I'd like to make sure that the land contours etc are the same. Is there a way to copy details into or out of a map? If I've got an island or small continent, how do I get all the details done on that - including a sense of scale? I can zoom but I quickly lose track of any reference to the dimensions of my working area is.

Any tips or suggestions?

Thanks!

With a sweep of his hat,

Paul

Comments

• RalfRalf Administrator, ProFantasy 🖼️ 18 images Mapmaker
    Hi Paul, welcome to CC3 and the community forum!

You can easily copy details out of and into a new map, by opening two instances of CC3 and using the clipboard (ctrl-c, ctrl-v) to copy between the two. I'd just start with your small area map and later, when needed, create a larger-sized map and copy the smaller area into it.

For referencing the current scale, I'd recommend placing a scale bar. If you make sure your symbol scale is 1 when placing it (right-click while placing the symbol to change this), you'll know it's 100 miles (or km) across. Of if that's too large, make the scale 0.5 for 50 miles, 0.1 for 10 miles and so on. If you don't want to keep the scale bar in that area, you can always delete it when done with the area.