CA3 left handed characters

Have used CA3 now a few times with varying degrees of succes.
Ran into a few problems and have a few questions.

Is there a way to create left handed characters in CA3?
Or characters that are using two weapons (dagger and short sword)?

The main problem is that sometimes stuff doesn't align itself.
For example a belt suddenly snaps way to low (or high).
The only to way that I found to solve this problem is to turn of snap and grid and align everything manually.
Pretty frustrating.

Comments

• VintyriVintyri Newcomer
    edited August 2014
    Posted By: Henrie61Is there a way to create left handed characters in CA3?
    The only way I found to do that was ion the export (in my case, as a JPG). Once I had the JPG, I called it up in a photo editor and did a horizontal turn.
    Or characters that are using two weapons (dagger and short sword)? The main problem is that sometimes stuff doesn't align itself. For example a belt suddenly snaps way to low (or high). The only to way that I found to solve this problem is to turn of snap and grid and align everything manually.
    I've done a good bit of that already. Your solution is the only one that I've found, along with changing sheets or the order of sheets.

CA3 still has some irritating issues with raster output, particularly with clothing that doesn't fit. Sleeves that don't match the article for which they're intended are particularly irritating. Particularly noticeable are the sleeves that leave a bare slit of shoulder visible. Also not well thought out ... the shields. For some characters, they're ridiculously small. One has to turn off snap, increase the size of the one symbol to 150% or even 200% and then turn snap back on. There's a lot of room for improvement and fixing yet.
  • RalfRalf Administrator, ProFantasy 🖼️ 18 images Mapmaker
    For left handed characters, mirror the symbols - right-click when placing the first symbol and choose "Mirror". Keep the setting for the whole character.

You can use this to create characters carrying two weapons too, but you'll probably have to manually place the arms/weapons for the left hand.

For glitches/mistakes in the symbols. Please report any broken symbols to me at ralf@profantasy.com. I do have some fixes lined up for an upcoming patch and I'd be happy to include as many more as possible. With the HUGE number of individual symbols, it's hard to catch them all.

Thanks!