Symbol Set 3 Modern - gone minutes after installing

I bought this last night, and for a few minutes after I had spent time downloading and installing it had worked. But less than 5 minutes after using the symbol set CC 3 crashed, and when I restarted it was gone. The buttons are still there, but the symbols are just gone. Even when I tried a repair install. Nothing. I feel like I just wasted money on a useless product, where placing one intersection causes the program to crash and then you can't even find your symbols afterwards.

Comments

• It is there, sometimes the symbol selector gets confused.

I just browse to the symbol set I want to use, so I don't know how to make this change back.

But it has come up before, several posts in these forums explain it better than I could.
  • First, make sure you run the CC3 Updater after you did the repair install.

The Not working buttons and symbols not showing has occurred with some other CC3 products like DD3 If I remember correctly. Some people had trouble doing one of the DD3 video tutorials because of this.

Try browsing to the symbols like Jim suggested and see if that works and resets it.

Also, the problem seems to occur with some map templates as I recall with DD3.

Out of curiosity what template and settings did you use for your map?
  • Thanks for the tips. When I get a chance I'll run the updater. In the meantime I found if I right click the SS3 button and select one of the samples, and then switch back to my project I can get the roads back. Moral of the story is when zooming in on a big map, make sure sheets are off.
  • MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    Note that the behavior you see with the empty list is just the master filter being off (Or that there are no symbols of that type in the selected style). Normally, the master filter is loaded when you load a map. Sometimes this doesn't happen, but then you can load the filter manually by right clicking the symbol style toggle button, selecting the Master Filter settings option, then hit the load button in this dialog and select the appropriate filter set.
    In most cases, simply a click on the correct add-on button should also load the correct filter set. Once the correct filter set is loaded, you can toggle between the filters in it by clicking the symbol style toggle button.
  • 9 days later