New Mapper Needs Help

Hello Everyone,

I'm really new to CC3 and this post serves as the first (of I'm sure many) questions with how I can accomplish certain things. So...here's my questions.

I am trying to draw my continent in small sections using the grid to maintain the scale that I want. What would be really helpful for this would be the ability to drop a pin (or a point, or something) in specific spots (like the southern most point of the continent, the northern most point of the continent, the eastern most point, etc etc). This way I could draw in greater detail between the points and know exactly what needs to happen where. This seems like such a simple task but...I have not been able to locate a command that will allow me to do this. Can anyone help with this?

Also, I just started a map I was hoping would contain my entire world in it. Its kind of large (7000x5500) and the map takes a long time to zoom in and move around. While it is quite large, there is nothing currently drawn on the map. The fact that it is taking such a long time to zoom and move concerns me because I haven't put anything on it yet...its just a large, empty map. Is the slowness simply due to the size? Is there anything I can do (adjust settings or something) that will improve this? Or do I just need to make smaller maps.

Many thanks to everyone!

Comments

• How are you zooming? I was getting frustrated zooming in with my mouse wheel. I found it to be a lot quicker using the Zoom Extents button and then zoom Window button. A lot quicker.
  • DogtagDogtag Moderator, Betatester Traveler
    edited August 2014
    Hi AeroBond,

Welcome to CC3 and the ProFantasy forum!

One way to accomplish what you descibe is to add a new sheet named GUIDES, or something similar. Then, you can select that sheet and draw some kind of guide, like a box or a filled circle ("pin") or whatever you like. You can hide your guides by hiding the sheet.

If you haven't already done so, I highly recommend you work through the tutorials in the CC3 User Manual. The user manual is installed in the Documentation sub-folder of your CC3 installation folder. For example, on my Windows 7 machine, the user manual is installed in

C:\Program Files (x86)\ProFantasy\CC3\Documentation\CC3UserManual.pdf.

The user manual can also help you with adding, showing, and hiding sheets (starting on p. 44, I believe).

I hope that helps!
    ~Dogtag