How to move an FT image in CC3 (Common Sheet) to Land or Sea sheets

I am brand new to this and have looked at a few of the youtube videos and am starting to get the concepts in my mind.

I find creating a world in FT3 and then choosing a tiny bit of it to use in CC3 seems the best method for me at the moment.

Trouble is, the import goes into the Common Sheet.

I would like the land masses on the contours Land Sheet and the expanses of sea on the contours sea sheet.

I have seen a couple of topics that suggest there is a move sheets command but no a,b,c procedure.

Can anyone let me know if I can split the FT import into other sheets and then direct me to a tutorial that gives the way to do it step by step.

many thanks

UKGnome

Comments

• RalfRalf Administrator, ProFantasy 🖼️ 18 images Mapmaker
    That is a bit weird, as FT3 should actually put the export on the correct sheets. Which export setting are you using?

Or are you copying the parts over from one CC3 map to another? If that is the case, make sure both maps are set to the Common sheet when you copy over, then the copied entities should end up on the correct sheet.

And here's how you change the sheet of entities:

- right-click the Sheets & Effects button and choose "Move to Sheet".
    - select the entities you want to move, then right-click and choose Do It
    - right-click again and choose the sheet to move them too.

Alternatively you can also use Change Properties to change the sheet the entities are on.