source maps font problem

I just downloaded the source maps and the fonts on them are not displaying correctly in CC3, viz. they are oversized, running into each other, running off the edges of the map, etc. Does anyone know how to fix this? See attached for example. Thanks.

Comments

• GatharGathar Traveler
    It looks like the font initially used is Bookman Old Style. This font is not installed by default on windows, although it is packaged with many applications (for instance, Microsoft Office). You can certainly download bookos.ttf from the internet, then install it, restart CC, and it should look better.

• I've got Bookman Old Style installed already.
  • RalfRalf Administrator, ProFantasy 🖼️ 18 images Mapmaker
    True Type fonts can be tricky that way, displaying at varying sizes, depending on the screen resolution, zoom level, etc. That's because they don't scale seamlessly, but have a number of fixed "steps" they can be shown at.

To fix it on your system, you'll have to edit the text in the maps where it happens. Use LIST or KEEP to check the size of the text entity in question, then make it a little smaller with the Change Text Properties command.
  • Thanks. I can edit manually. Since these maps were pre-made I just assumed that the fonts would already be formatted but I didn't take into account the nature of TTFs.
  • RalfRalf Administrator, ProFantasy 🖼️ 18 images Mapmaker
    Btw, if you need a quick print of these and don't want to fix the font manually, you can use the pdf or png version of the maps. You'll find them in the "Cities" folder of your CC3 program directory, in their own subfolders.