Pen thickness

Hello,

I drew some paths with the option pen thickness = 1.0.
Is there a way to set the pen thickness of these objects to 0.0 again - so that don not appear as thick as they do now?

Only clicking on P in the menu bar and setting the pen thickness to zero in the option dialog that appears does not work...

/André

Comments

• 7 days later
  • DogtagDogtag Moderator, Betatester Traveler
    edited August 2014
    Hi WS,

Sorry this has gone unanswered so long! If you haven't already figured it out on your own, here's a possible solution:

To change the the thickness of lines you've already drawn:
    1. Click the Change Properties button image.
      The command line (at the bottom) now reads, Select entities (0 picked):
    2. Select the line or lines you want to modify.
      The number picked updates in the command line.
    3. Right-click and select Do It from the pop-up menu.
      The Change properties dialog box displays.
    4. Change the Line width value to 0 and then click OK.
    Ta-daa! The lines change to zero (0) width.

I hope that helps,
    ~Dogtag
  • pvernonpvernon Betatester 🖼️ 34 images Traveler
    edited August 2014
    Hi Dogtag,
    I also thought that was the way, and then I went and tried to change pen thickness. No joy. I have opened a new drawing changed the pen to 1 and drew a line, I then tried to change the pen thickness, in step 4 above you will see that width is 0 even though pen is 1. I have not found a way to change pen yet. Ralf will get back from GenCon and show us all the simple obvious way. I am still looking though.
  • Pen thickness has no effect on the the width of your lines. It effects the thickness of lines for plotters, which are sometimes used for engineering drawings. (C3 is based on a CAD engine)

What you want to change is the line width as Dogtag indicated by using the change properties button. The W: in your top tool bar is the Line Width and can be set to the desired thickness before drawing your lines and paths.

Hope this helps. :)
  • edited August 2014
    To change the Pen Thickness, right-click the above mentionned
    Change Properties button image.
    and select Change Pen Thickness.

Alternatively, you can use the keyboard command CHANGEPT
  • Thank you so much,

I thought I would never get rid of my thick paths due to my Pen Thickness-settings without having to draw them all once again.

The solution Joachim de Ravenbel described works well and I have been able to set Pen Thickness to zero again.

/André