Resize drawing tools?

Hi there,

This is my first post here. I purchased CC3 back in September but due to the fact that I've been a bit busy with other (fictional) projects I haven't really gotten a chance to take a look at it until now. I purchased it with the express purpose of being able to map out the capital of my fictional country in due course, and with that in mind I began making a practice map to prepare myself for the large undertaking.

I created a new map and set the dimensions in meters, trying to make roughly 20 km west-east and 17 km north-south. Well, things kind of unravelled, the size turned out to be excessive, I did some resizing... and now my drawing tools won't cooperate. I'm fairly new to the functions of this forum so at the time of posting I'm not sure if my attachment went through, but if it did the problem can be seen... the newly laid down piece of street is far too big. I used the "distance" tool to measure one of the older pieces and see how far across it was, and then set the line width accordingly, but for some reason it doesn't seem to affect anything besides tools that are "Current Width". Is there a way to fix this problem (preferably preset, because I don't feel like changing the line width every time I wish to use a different type of drawing tool)?

Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Comments

• RalfRalf Administrator, ProFantasy 🖼️ 18 images Mapmaker
    To access the drawing tool properties, click the "All Drawing Tools" button and choose the "Advanced" option. Locate the street tool, and under "Properties" and "Outline" you can change the width. Note that the street consists of two entities: The black background, and the yellow line (which is the "Outline" in this case).

To keep the old tool with its settings around, make a copy of the tool first - by selecting and clicking "New". Give it a new name and change the properties in the new version.

Hope that helps.
  • Hi there! Thanks for your help. I followed your instructions and the new copy of the tool is now the same size as everything was before I went and resized the map.

However, the border now seems to be missing. I played around with the settings under "Outline" by selecting "Extra entity" and typing in a fixed outline width, but that caused the entire tool to turn black. I reverted to the previous settings and now it's borderless again.
  • RalfRalf Administrator, ProFantasy 🖼️ 18 images Mapmaker
    Note that this special tool is a bit counter-intuitive, because it's a line, not a polygon. The "Outline" is actually the yellow, interior part (because the Outline needs to be in front of the main part). The "Properties" set the values for the black outline/background of the road.

Therefore
    - Under "Properties" set the color to Black and the width a little wider.
    - Under "Ouline" set the color to Yellow and the width a little narrower.
  • Yes! That seems to have done the trick. Many thanks!
  • edited July 2014
    I apologize for the double post, but it seems to make more sense to post here instead of creating a new thread.

I'm working with the Modern City style from the 2007 Annual pack. From looking at the product description on the site,

http://www.profantasy.com/annual/2007/september07.html

it mentions 35 new symbols in 2 catalogs. However, my installation does not offer nearly so much. I have a scalebar, parking symbol, tourist info, hospital, church and 2 buildings (red and black). Has anyone experienced this? Would it be a faulty installation? My installation doesn't offer as many drawing tools either - I only have 28 (30 if you count the resized ones from above.) instead of 44.

I'm concurrently developing a transit network for the city I'm working on and symbols that denote bus stops, tram stops, stations, etc. would be very useful to have. Are these included in the city pack? If not, are there any custom made ones available for download somewhere on the internet? I tried to import some that I harvested from Google Maps but they are quite small.

Thanks!
  • 9 days later
  • edited August 2014
    Just bumping this thread because I've run into another scaling issue...

My new city is quite large (50 wide x 23 tall) and in the interest of having as much room for my stuff as possible, all main interfares have a rather small width (0.04 km). That'll be fun for exporting... I tried it yesterday and it didn't go so good, hopefully CC3+ will be able to cooperate with my computer and export at viewable sizes (20000 pixel width... hehe.) There's nothing that can be done about the size of the drawing tools, though... I need all the room I can get, and worst comes to worst I'll export the map in sections and somehow try to piece it together in an exterior program.

There will be an extensive subway and rail system and with this in mind, I would like to put down some tracks. Unfortunately, they come out huge (a width of 12) and when I try to resize them to a width of 0.09, the complete essence of the drawing tool is taken away, as pictured below. I know that this is because unlike the standard street drawing tools, they're not one style throughout, they alternate, and resizing it must have caused some problems. Does anyone have any tips?