DD3 Spider Webs?

Does anyone know of any decent addon symbols to create spider webs? I might be missing it, but it seems like such a basic thing that should be there.

Comments

• I'm not sure which Annual it is, but this is where mine are located: C:\Program Files (x86)\ProFantasy\CC3\Symbols\Dungeons\DD3\CA49 Dungeon\Debris Cobwebs. :)
  • RalfRalf Administrator, ProFantasy 🖼️ 18 images Mapmaker
    Posted By: AWizardInDallasI'm not sure which Annual it is, but this is where mine are located: C:\Program Files (x86)\ProFantasy\CC3\Symbols\Dungeons\DD3\CA49 Dungeon\Debris Cobwebs. :)
    CA49 tells you which Annual it is, divided by 4, drop fractions and add 1 = Volume 5.
  • Damn, you guys are awesome. Thank you! I've been trying to balance annual subscription and usable material. Looks like I'll be picking up '11.

Thanks again!
  • funny, they are showing up in issue 50 for me. that is still the same year, though, so no harm
  • RalfRalf Administrator, ProFantasy 🖼️ 18 images Mapmaker
    Ahem, yes, the CA49 is a little mistake - the issue got moved back a month at the time and the folder name wasn't changed.
  • 6 days later
  • DogtagDogtag Moderator, Betatester Traveler
    Whoa! I really need to read each annual's PDF from now on. All this time i thought that annual was "just" pillars and vegetation! *facepalm*

That annual has something like 1,500 symbols, including furniture, webs, scrolls, and all kinds of goodies! Holy cow! Thanks for setting me straight.

~Dogtag
  • 2 years later
  • Hey guys I am trying to use CC3+ . I tried copying the folder from my CC3 symbols to the symbols directory for CC3+ and all I get is a white box with a red x. Can this annual be used with CC3+?

Thanks,
    Joel Logan
  • DogtagDogtag Moderator, Betatester Traveler
    edited January 2017
    Currently, only Annual Volumes 8-11 have been converted or are compatible with CC3+. ProFantasy is working on the updates (free for those who have the annuals) but there's a lot of content and so there is no release date yet.

HOWEVER, you can use the symbols you copied with CC3+ after a quick and easy manual conversion. To use CC3 raster symbols (such as those in the annual, as opposed to CC2 vector symbols), you need to update the symbol catalog files (the FSC files) after you copy the symbols folder over to the CC3+ data folder.

Try this: (once the folder has been copied to the corresponding CC3+ location)
    1. From CC3+, click File>Open from the menu bar.
      The File manager dialog box displays.
    2. Select CC3/CC2 FSC Symbol catalog from the Files of type drop-down list.
    3. Navigate to the symbol folder you copied over to CC3+.
    4. Open the first catalog file, such as CA50 Debris Cobwebs.FSC.
      It will probably be just a big green window. That's normal.
    5. Type FFIX and then press Enter.
      The FFIX command fixes image path information in the FSC file. There won't be any visible change, but the command line should now read, Command [FFIX]:.
    6. Save and close the file.
    7. Repeat the above steps for each FSC file in the newly-copied folder.
    After you've copied the CC3 symbols and catalogs to the correct location under your CC3+ data folder and you've run FFIX on the symbol catalogs — and then saved them — you should be able to use the symbol catalogs (and the symbols!) in CC3+.

Cheers,
    ~Dogtag