easy way to add walls to a poly?

I vaguely recall (and maybe I am mis-remembering) a way that you can add a wall to a poly. So I draw a rooms floor and then use an option to select all the rooms and outline the walls on those polys.

Am I just having wishful thoughts?

Comments

• RalfRalf Administrator, ProFantasy 🖼️ 18 images Mapmaker
    One fo the easiest methods is to Outline the floors (button on the right toolbal), and then use "Change like draw tool" (right-click Change Properties button) to select the outline and change it to one of the Wall drawing tools.

Alternatively, you can use the Wall drawing tool directly and use the Trace function to follow your room edges.
  • I tried the "outline tool" but couldn't seem to control where it placed the outline. Meaning I couldn't set the width or which layer it would go to. I thought if I set the current layer/width/etc it would use those properties but seems that's not the case.

I need to be able to have the wall a specific width and on a specific layer/sheet so I can bevel/shadow the walls.

The wall drawing tool with outline/trace would have probably been the best option (can set layers for the trace) but I've already got the floors drawn and I can't see a way to "edit" and add that.
  • RalfRalf Administrator, ProFantasy 🖼️ 18 images Mapmaker
    That's where the Change Properties part after using Outline comes in. Here's a little more detailed instruction.

1. Use Outline on your floors.
    2. Click "Change Properties", right-click and select "Prior". This selects just the previously created outlines.
    3. Right-click, Do It. You can now set the properties of the walls, like layer, sheet, fill style, width etc. Click Ok to finish.
  • Oh wow, I never noticed "prior" option before. I'll give it a try. Thanks!