Annuals

So I have just decided to get back into CC and upgraded everything to CC3. I have been reading about (and seeing) some great maps, sets, styles, etc coming out of the Annuals.
I am considering purchasing these, but have a few questions.
1) They seem to be broken up by month for 2014, but the others are labeled 1 thru 7. If I buy Annual #6, is that 12 months worth?
2) How does a purchaser get the stuff? Is the a download like DD3 or CD3 that installs everything automatically?
3) What are the best Annuals to start purchasing (opinion) since I don't have the resources to get them all at once?

Thank you for any help/suggestions.

Comments

• I've picked up two of the annuals, which gives you all 12 months worth and comes in one big download for the ones prior to 2014 at least. I don't know for sure, but I assume that the current year is a download each month as they are released and then available as a single download later.

Which are the best is probably a personal decision based on what type of stuff you want to make. I have #3 and #6, as well as the freebies, which I've been pretty happy with. To choose, I looked through them and counted up the number of styles I thought I would actually use and then bought the two that had the highest count. In the end I've used ended up using #6 more... I just adore the Jon Roberts cities, and the overland styles from Pär Lindström and Herwin Wielink fit my mood better than some of the brighter styles. I've also been looking at #7, and like how this year's (2014) is shaping up too.
  • previous years are packaged as a full years 12 issues in one download.

Current year is one download per month and you get access to them all when you buy the years subscription.
  • I have them all & they are incredibly useful! Worth the purchase.
  • 5 months later
  • I bought two of the annuals, and I can't figure out how to use them (looking to do a map with the Herwin Wielink style).

Am I being boneheaded?
  • thehawkthehawk Surveyor
    edited December 2014
    1) Download
    2) Navigate to where you downloaded to, right-click and Run as administrator
    3) A console window and / or a notepad window will pop up- this has some information for you on what you've just installed
    4) Using a file explorer, navigate to your CC3/Annual directory, then into the appropriate sub-directories; this is where you will find documentation and examples
  • RalfRalf Administrator, ProFantasy 🖼️ 18 images Mapmaker
    Check your "Tools" menu under add-ons and click the Annual Volume for the Herwin Wielink style (Vol 6 2012). An html page comes up with links to the various mapping guides, which tell you how to get started with such a map.
  • Thank you! Now that I have seen where it is it seems incredible I couldn't find it before :(.

Playing around with it now, the style is awesome (of course you always wish for more symbols, haha :D).