How to...

So, I've determined that I can afford to buy either the Annual, or a one upgrade for a CC3 add-on (DD3 or CD3) but not both (damn limited finances). Now, while I'd like to get one of the upgrades (and thus the extra symbols and tools) I've been debating getting the Annual instead because of it's how-to tutorials. In particular the use of the light settings from July 2008 is something I'd really like to learn how to do.[p]

So, my question is this: is there somewhere where I can find some sort of instructions on how to do things like the light effects outside of the Annual? If there isn't, then I'll probably be buying the annual, but if there is I'd be able to upgrade one of my add-ons instead.

Comments

• I think those *directional light* effects only come with the 2008 annual.

The DD3 video tutorials are free and are excellent, but they are for DD3.

http://www.profantasy.com/community/user_tutorials.asp

The Tome of Ultimate mapping is affordable and covers all of the addons and is a good introduction if you are willing to put in the effort.

As for what you should do, I think you should figure out what you like doing most, cities or dungeons and get that addon. Then save up for the other addon and then get the symbol sets 1 & 2 and the annuals.

I can't speak for the annuals though, as I'm still saving up for them, but they do look like they will be very useful. :)