Fractal Terrains 3 Users - Your Wish List For Terraformer 1.0?

Ok guys, just in case you may have forgotten - registered users of Fractal Terrains Pro / Fractal Terrains 3 can now get Terraformer 0.5 FREE from your downloads page in your account section. Soon - I will be having surgery for my umbilical hernia issue - where I will lose the smiley face on my stomach and hopefully once again get the early birthday present of having an actual belly button (YAAAYYYYYY!!!!), Lol. Therefore - I need something to work on as I recover from surgery. Since Fractal Terrains has had a few significant changes and modifications - it is only fitting that I should devote what time I can muster to updating Terraformer. I would like some ideas about what kind of stuff that you would like to have included in this new package.

Now I know about how crazy everybody is about Ice Caps - and not only am I pondering that, but the folks at Profantasy have also been wrestling with that topic as well for quite a LOOOOONNNNNGGG while - so that is still up in the air, but I am planning on new lighting and color files in addition to the all of the older ones, a few more traditional image climates, better cloud maps, and "Maybe" some more overlays (not sure - making them from actual old maps is a pain - but if I DO make them - I'm making copies that can be used in CC3 also).

If you guys want some new color schemes for your altitude maps (.lgt files), then point me to some links of existing maps (antique and new) that you want me to sample the colors from - and I'll wip those up for you to go into the package. If you find some good High Def (HD) global cloud maps that are different than the standard deal offered by NASA - and that are public domain, CC0, or GPL Open Source, or if you have a few on your hard drive that you would like to donate with no strings - then let me know / give me some links. If you have some overlay ideas - front them (speak up). Bottom line - let me know what you want, and where possible - point me in that direction.

The next Terraformer Package will likely be a tad larger than this one, but not by very much - since the folks at Profantasy have a file size limit that I cannot exceed - it's a natural given (hopefully Ralf or somebody will give me some guidance insomuch as a specific upper limit on the size of the package per se this time around). I would LOVE for some folks to provide me with links to maps that they like that have some really cool altitude colors. The old files will be included with this new package but I am thinking of omitting the crappier cloud maps that are not HD, and that have pole issues. This next package will not have a fonts folder / will not include new fonts - it will be strictly about FT Pro / FT3 - and FT Pro / FT3 - / CC3 integration.

Ideas, Suggestions, and links to resources from users and staff please -

Yours with gushy, huggly "Goo Goo" cuddley kisses and snuggley wuggems, Billybob, Lol...

Comments

• Oh - I almost forgot - also if you guys know where I can get some rainfall and temperature palettes too - that would be swell. I don't know if I'll expand on those areas - but I'de like to look into it.
    If you have a tutorial for Fractal Terrains that you would like to contribute - I will credit you, If you have some example images of your Fractal Terrains maps - or CC3 maps made using FT Pro / FT3 - and you would like to contribute those - I will credit you.
  • More wide variation in the planet cloud cover. Well, more white, Earth-type, cloud patterns. Some that would be considered non-standard.

Or multiple hurricanes. More colors of cloud tops. Too bad you cannot do vari-color cloud tops.
  • edited May 2014
    I recently got some nice cloud, galaxy, and grunge brushes for GIMP that will make producing cloud maps a lot more proficient - as well as using actual NASA images Jim.
    As far as cloud colors - the legacy cloud color folder is already chocked full of color swatches.
  • I meant along the lines of; vari-color for some of the clouds. Not for all clouds on a planet.

If someone knows of a way I can import the cloud top FT3 planet export into CC3 and change colors on parts of the clouds, that will work for me instead.
  • Posted By: JimPI meant along the lines of; vari-color for some of the clouds. Not for all clouds on a planet.

If someone knows of a way I can import the cloud top FT3 planet export into CC3 and change colors on parts of the clouds, that will work for me instead.
    Well - I'm not sure if your using GIMP or Photoshop or Paint Shop Pro, but you could try taking one of my cloud maps from T0.5, and making it a transparent PNG by layering with an Alpha channel, I'm just now learning how to do that myself...
  • About to move to a new address, Soon [TM]. But I might have time to try GIMP after I get moved.
  • edited May 2014
    The GIMP is underrated - and since Photoshop is OVERRATED (in my personal opinion...sort of seems like a monopoly of sorts on editing apps) -and Adobe is no longer offering it as software that you down right own - but instead is pandering it as a "rent as you go" scheme - I think that GIMP makes for a very attractive alternative - especially since you can write scripts, actions, and plug ins for it yourself and distribute them without having to buy a vendor's license from Adobe, and since there is already OODLES of add ons available for it (the GIMP) all over the place anyway.

Now - to the general FT Pro / FT3 users community - any input on additional ideas, suggestions, links to Public Domain image and informational resources, etc. Would be most appreciated folks!
  • 3 years later
  • Hi there!

I'm starving to get my hands on this new Terraformer! :)

And if the Icecap can be fixed... ;)

Best regards,

Paul
  • I swore I had Terraformer added into my Fractal Terrains. But maybe that was on my other laptop.

I don't think it has been updated in quite a long time (I wanted to see version but alas could not find)