CD3 High Resolution Artwork

Hello,

Really new here. I just purchased CD3 and DD#, I've had CC3 for a bit but not used it much. I plan to go through the tutorials but I need to make a quick city map which I was able to wing. I noticed on the download page a CD3 High resolution artwork pack. I downloaded and ran the install file but for the life of me I can't figure out what it added, if anything.

Second question is I have a really fast, top of the line gaming PC. I found a tip on here about turning n the high resolution textures but the system is really slow when those are on. Is that normal? If someone is leaving these on and is not having this issue could you tell me your specs.

Thanks much in advance.

Comments

• VintyriVintyri Newcomer
    edited April 2014
    Posted By: Danimal66Hello,

Really new here. I just purchased CD3 and DD#, I've had CC3 for a bit but not used it much. I plan to go through the tutorials but I need to make a quick city map which I was able to wing. I noticed on the download page a CD3 High resolution artwork pack. I downloaded and ran the install file but for the life of me I can't figure out what it added, if anything.
    CC3 symbols come in 4 resolutions each. The CD3 download version includes the symbols in the three basic resolutions. The high resolution download adds the 4th resolution and bitwise the largest group. CC3 calls this resolution when one really zooms in on a symbol.
  • CC3 uses 2 gigs of ram, and not the video card. CC3+ is in the works.