Purchase annuals by month?

Having only recently gotten back into using CC3/Cosmographer since a hard drive crash in 2010ish (and recently having updated to Cosmographer 3) I noticed the annuals for sale, however they only seem to be purchasable by year?

I was wondering if there was any way to purchase them by month given currently my active campaign is a sci-fi one, hence I only need the sci-fi updates from the annuals and can't really justify spending the full 12 month price for something I only need a single months of content for.

(I'd even be willing to pay $10 or so each to purchase the few months of Cosmographer related content from the annuals.)

Just offering them up at an increased price $10ish) per monthly issue would perhaps help encourage others that only need limited content from the annuals to buy the ones they need (for those running pure fantasy the cosmographer stuff is kinda useless) while still keeping the annual sub at a significantly reduced savings for those that actually use the entire package?

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    The annuals are only available on a year-by-year basis, currently ProFantasy have not made them available for sale on an individual basis.

I would like to point out however, that even if an annual is not correctly in the thematic sense based upon your needs, the annuals are far more than just additional content. Many of the annuals are highly useful and teaches valuable lessons which you can also utilize in your Sci-fi maps, even if the annual itself uses a different style.
  • 5 months later
  • I can certainly see the value of an entire set of an annual but I agree with Silveressa. There's really only one issue in which I'm interested and while they all seem really good I wouldn't get anything out of the rest of the articles. I'd definitely pay $10 for the one issue but I can also understand why that's not the business model (that said ... ;))
  • Having subscribed to the annuals since inception despite living on a very tight veteran disability pension I say you are cheating yourself if you do not subscribe to the full year even if you might be interested in only one month. They actually all interrelate and even if I may not immediately use something or not have the software (Like Character Artist) there are nuggets all the way through that teach you & make you a better cartographer. They also present ways of looking at styles & tools that you may not have considered but once presented with them you will find really useful & exciting. You also get icons that apply in other styles as well as what they were published with, such as some slick military ones I use with Cosmographer.

This is a frequent & recurring topic so take a moment & look back through the archives at all the responses endorsing the why's of buying a full year. You'll see that I'm not the only experienced cartographer (I work for 5 different game publishers, as well as the occasional magazine & oddment, beyond what I need for my self) who encourages the value of getting the whole annual set.
  • Sven - You've got some excellent points and so long as we can all agree we don't mention this to my wife, I'm buying an annual ;) One question: Anyone know which annual contains the templates referenced here:

Specifically the sun left and right ones?