Questions about CC3(+)

So my father made a hand drawn map over hexpaper for a boardgame he made in college. It's a fantasy/magic type world - think LOTR or Chronicles of Narnia. I am wanting to make a digital version of this and print it out on real gameboard, etc, and am trying to find some software to help me make this map. Now I have no artistic talent myself, something like photoshop or gimp won't suite my needs. I stumbled upon this software which appears to have a lot of elements/icons/textures already included. In an article regarding the upcoming version (in April I read - is that still accurate?) I found this image: http://www.profantasy.com/products/cc3plus/cc3plus-schley.jpg regarding . I am in love with this style and it is exactly what I am looking for. Now I know this was done by a professional artist, but does CC3(+) provide me the tools to piece something like this together? Maybe a specific question would be, for the trees, are those hand drawn, icons placed individually, or a texture that is "painted" on? The last is sort of what I am looking for. Are there demos of CC3 available or a beta of the CC3+ ?

Comments