Not signed in (Sign In)

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Welcome Guest!
Want to take part in these discussions? If you have an account, sign in now.
If you don't have an account, apply for one now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten
    • CommentTimeMar 5th 2014

These are maps (pics and the master FCW) of my world Myirandios, which is the setting of my slow-to-be written novel. The central region is the area most in use, and therefore more detailed mapped. The areas are also broke into regions for use in making smaller maps of the various regions later. (see FCW 'Region borders' sheet). I have used plain colour to depict biomes and Brush Patterns to indicate terrain (Wetlands, hills and Mountains, which I made myself). I have a Hills and Mountain pattern for use when the effects are not turned on, and these are hidden when the effects are turned on. (At present, this must be done manually - any tips how this is automated when the effects are turned off and on). I have also used special symbols for "Important Settlements' layer, but this must be turned off when zooming in to small regions. I am also finishing the city map of Jhelrosis, the capital of the Klemtan Hegemony (turn on 'History' sheet to find out its boundaries).
      Myirandios with key.PNG
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten
    • CommentTimeMar 6th 2014

A close up of the main continent, Merishora.
      Continents - Merishora.PNG
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten

Zoom in to the Menosiran Sea region, site of the main events of my novel
      Regions - Menosira.PNG
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten

And the final zoom, the Isle of Klemtos, capital island of the hegemony of Klemtos.
      Regions - Klemtos.PNG
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten

I would like to upload the .fcw file. However, it seems I cannot. Can anyone help me with this?
    Impressive work Qwalker! Thanks for sharing.

You should be able to upload an FCW file unless it's too large.
    You could perhaps try to zip it?
    • CommentAuthorsid6.7
    • CommentTimeMar 6th 2014 edited

very cool world so large! and yes zip it up and upload it!
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten

The zip is about 6Mb. Is that too large?
    Quoted from here:

"The ProFantasy community forum allows users to upload images and other attachments limited to a size of 1024kb or lower."

So yes, you zip is too large sadly...
    • CommentAuthorsid6.7

how about uploading(FCW) it to the map and catalog library? or do you have a website of your own to host the file?
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten
    • CommentTimeMar 31st 2014

I will try to upload the FCW to the Map and Catalog library. Also, here is a revised version, with an unfinished Mercator look. (still to fill in outer grids). Any suggestion and critiques gladly welcomed. I am really a novice.
      Myirandios - AE.PNG
    •  
      CommentAuthorQuenten

I have tried to upload the FCW via Map contributions, and get an access denied. Any reason for this? I really would like to upload the FCW because people will be able to help me more if they see it rather than pretty pics.
    • CommentAuthorJimP

Whisper to me, and I'll give you my email address. I'll host your zip and map for free. i have lots of room.