Symbol Style Toggle button question

If I'm in DD3 and I right-click on the symbol style toggle button (the one that looks like two trees chasing each other), I get a list of symbol styles and then a Master Filter Settings option at the bottom. If I select the master filter settings option I get a list of the filters used for each item in the button's list. But the labels in the list and the filters themselves don't match as far as the actual words go (the symbols themselves match). I'm curious: what determines the labels that appear when you right click on the button?

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    The issue here is that the right-click menu is static, and stored in the dungeon.mnu menu file. (For DD3, when in overland mode, it is fcw32.mnu, and cities.mnu for CD3 and so on)
    The actual available master filters depend on the loaded setting, and are pulled from the registry. They can be changed through the UI, but changes here will never affect the menu. Basically, this means that there are no connection between the right click menu, and the master filters option box.
  • That's odd, and unfortunate, but I figured it was something like that. Thanks for the explanation.