Update: Vintyri Symbol Sets for CC3

About a year and a half has gone by now since the release of the first two free Vintyri (TM) Cartographic Collection releases for CC3. We're getting a growing number of inquiries from CC3 users regarding the release of the still-missing Vintyri Symbol Sets 1, 3, 4 and 5 for CC3. Back in 2012 when we released Vintyri Symbol Set 2 and the Fills & Textures set for CC3, I promised that the complete collection would be released in a CC3 version, but that it would take some time before that happened. Here's the status:

For a good 10 years, our group has been working on the rather huge Jörðgarð (TM) campaign setting. This is and has been our first priority. We created more than 1,000 symbols for the campaign setting, simply so that we could map it the way that we wanted to. These symbols sets are incidental products. Seeing that they were there, we made them available. However, it takes a good bit of work to make our symbols function well in CC3 and a bit more work to integrate them into CD3. That's the reason for the delay.

We now are in the final phases of completing the first large Jörðgarð release. It will include, among other things, about 200 maps and about 1,500 pages of text. We're not announcing official release date targets yet. But personally, I think sometime in March might be probable. Once we've made that release, we will devote our time completely to completion of the Vintyri Symbol Sets for CC3. The first release will be Vintyri Symbol Set 3, which is the one that CC3 users seem to want the most. It's the symbol set with the mills, artisans' shops, etc.

Apologies to those of you who have been waiting patiently or impatiently. In the new year, you should be able to stop drumming your fingers. My guess is that sometime in April, we'll start working on the CC3 releases.

Mark Oliva
for the Vintyri Project
http://www.vintyri.org
info@vintyri.org

Comments