CD3 Symbol Creation

Ok so far I've gone through and I've followed the instructions as per the Symbol set but I think I've messed something up I have 2 png files the core building and the one that is the shadow angles (near as I can tell) however I can't get it to work :(

If Ralf or some one could post a list of how to get it done it would be nice.

Comments

• RalfRalf Administrator, ProFantasy 🖼️ 18 images Mapmaker
    Do you want to create Vector symbols with roof-shading or bitmap symbols?
  • So far I've worked out that the bitmap symbols need the normal and this one ralf, but I can't work out what I'm missing from there.. The symbol itself that I made is sitting on the same layers as CD3's etc.

Also could the forums be changed to allow PNG File upload :/ I've just tried and gotten:

Some problems were encountered
    You are not allowed to upload (Rob-House 1_VH.PNG) the requested file type: image/x-png

but here are the images:

&

This one was just a quick muck about I did to try and see how the symbols worked before I start on some full ones.
  • RalfRalf Administrator, ProFantasy 🖼️ 18 images Mapmaker
    Rob, that looks pretty good already. Here's what you need:

- the base png
    - the shading png in the same folder, of the same size (!), with the same name except for _map at the end.

You seem to have that.

The shading png uses the Red, Blue and green channels to define the shading.

The Red channel defines the direction the roof is facing: 0/255 = East, 64 = North, 128 = West, 192 = South, and of course you can use any number in between to set non-cardinal directions.
    The Blue channel defines the slope of the rooth. Vertical Wall = 128, Flat Roof = 255. Values below 128 are theoretically possible but would denote inwards sloping roofs (e.g. the bottom of a sphere), and would therefore not be visible on a top-down map.
    The Green channel defines varicolor and only has two options: 1 = varicolor, 0 = non-varicolor.

To create the symbol using these:

- Save both PNGs in the same folder, ideally somwhere under the CC3 folder.
    - Open/start the symbol catalog.
    - Use Symbols > Import PNGs
    - Browse to your folder and open one of the PNGs.
    - set the other options are desired, use Method "Update" if you have other symbols in the catalog.
    - click OK
    - from the Symbol Manager set the options for the symbol, liek which sheet to use. If you use varicolor from the Green channel, you need to check the "CD3 entities are varicolor" option.
    - Save the catalog, your house symbol should work correctly now.

Ciao,
    Ralf
  • Ok that worked strangly enough.. I take it you Have to do the Import to get it to read the roof item as well..?