Have questions about license

I have read a few posts and license itself, but still need to check details.

I want to make a video game using resources from CC3 and addons. To make sure we understand each other, I'll specify as much as possible.

So, is it legal to:

1) Make a cargohold of a ship (for example) location?
2) To save pictures of barrels/crates/planks etc to render them later inside this cargohold? I want images to change depending on how many cargo the ship has. So for small amount of water I want to display one large barrel, and for larger one display a few barrels of different sizes. The same about other types of cargo. (Render them as seperate picture on a larger location picture)?
3) Use a character generator and use for game characters, including moving them around the map? (Render them as separate picture on a larger location picture)?
4) Same question about moving a ship icon around the landscape map.

I really hope it is allowed, because I bought your program especially for this purpose and will have to cancel it if it's against the law.

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    Unless Ralf or Simon drops by to answer this shortly, I would recommend you contact ProFantasy directly with such questions. Use the licensing question address listed on the contact page.
  • I copied my question to the mail from contact page.
  • I sent more information about game to email.
  • edited October 2013
    I also bought it for a similar purpose. I submitted a similar request. My request, is to generate WorldMaps similar to CC3, but in my own game instead. This way, I can have structures appear or disappear on the WorldMap, or randomly generate WorldMaps.

IMO, the most important legal aspect to this is not redistributing the images with your game, in an easily accesible format (such as the default .png's). Instead, you'd certainly need to obfuscate the content, to restrict access to users so they cannot simply open up a file with MS PAINT and view the images. IMO, even if approved, protecting their assets should be likened to protecting your own.

Please let me know if they approve of yours, and I will do the same.