Hi-Res bitmaps

What is actually lost if you don't install the hi-res bitmaps? Besides the obvious, no bit-maps, I'm asking if the program still functions well.

Comments

• MonsenMonsen Administrator 🖼️ 46 images Cartographer
    edited September 2008
    As far as I understand it, you are just missing out on the high-resolution version of the bitmaps. You still have the lower-resolution ones, and can map just fine. The only problem is if you wish to zoom far in, or if you intend to print/export in a very high resolution. But the program should be fully usable, and you should have all the symbols available.
    That's why they split the download. So those with a slow/limited line could get the basic program and use it just fine immediately, and then either download the HQ version of the bitmaps later, or wait for the DVD.
  • I'm having trouble installing the HR bitmaps after installing CD3. It says my serial number is invalid, but CD3 installed with the same SN just fine. Any help here?
  • edited September 2008
    Did you start up CC immediately after you installed CD3? Or did you install CD3 and the HR Bitmaps back-to-back? I seem to remember some issues that required you to actually start the program between applying patches or some such. If you didn't start it up, I'd try uninstalling, then reinstalling.
  • Posted By: loydbDid you start up CC immediately after you installed CD3? Or did you install CD3 and the HR Bitmaps back-to-back? I seem to remember some issues that required you to actually start the program between applying patches or some such. If you didn't start it up, I'd try uninstalling, then reinstalling.
    I did indeed start it p and it ran just fine. funny thing when installing the HR bitmaps, the installer automatically puts in the correct CD3 serial, but when I press the NEXT button it says I have an invalid serial. Anyone else have this problem?
  • Mine worked just fine. Any chance you had a hickup in Internet service when you tried installing the Hi Resolution Bitmaps? I had to turn off my anti-spyware/malware utility to get the installer to run and then I had to tell my firewall to allow the connection to Profantasy during the registration check.
  • When I tried to install the Hi Res Bmps it only gave me the option to Repair or Remove. I chose Repair and everything installed, but I got all sorts of errors and crashes in CC3. I then uninstalled and reinstalled CC3 DD3 and CD3, the installed the Hi Res Bmps. Again I could only Repair or Remove, but this time choosing to repair seemed to result in a program that is working. At least for the moment...