The CC3 3.22 upgrade/patch 6 gives me an error

I'm running CC3 3.20. When I attempt to install patch 6, I receive the following message:

"The system cannot open the device or file specified."

When I then hit "Retry," the message reads, "CC3 Patch 6 was unable to install the new files. The error code is: -11."

Any ideas?

Comments

• Weird, Mine patched fine.. I'd be thinking maybe somethings accessing your File.. or that it can't locate the files.. try a reboot then a patch straight after reboot and see if that fixes it.
  • I had no problems either. Are you running Vista? I always use Run as Administrator on any CC3 files like updates.
  • 3 months later
  • I had the exact same error trying to install CC3 Patch 6 and yes I'm on Vista SP1. I went back re opened CC3 (version 3.11 by the way) and then closed it. I re-ran the install and bingo it worked. It's as if something needs to re-registered once per PC boot and you have to re-open CC3 to full register it.
  • 4 months later
  • I encountered a few errors like this after I re-formatted my Hard drive and tried to re-install CC3 and CD3. I tried to install CD3 immediately after installing CC3, but it gave me several error codes. I then went in and ran CC3 for the first time on the new install and then tried the CD3 install again. It worked the second tie.
  • jaerdaphjaerdaph Traveler
    Go to your registration page and download the latest Patch 7 - that will probably straighten things out from what I've read from Vista users around here.